Friday 24 December 2010

drinking you is as an
ocean that returns
mid-morning with all your
vast mounds of clay
and seasonal relations
You! All your shivers are
my real problems;
how shall I say that
I did it?
Will I say
'it is possible
to do such things'
or will I say
'these things have been
known to occur
with me as culprit?'
vicious!
swallowing you is a
boiling river that ingests
the bank and overtakes
a pleasant county
rebuilding you is a
task that takes
a million times a man
but I'll do it
with a shovel and some twine
by Jove,
I'll do it!
now morning comes
and all the snow is blue
the gates are shut- on us
the gates are shut
but they can break
and will we do it?
to subdue the fist of power
and declare our anarchy;
how sure a worthy task!
will we, new morning manatee,
fly fast along the lamps
to say 'we are new, we are new, we are new'?
or will we slump where the blackened tarn
builds a house for all its losers?
who knows?
drink me!
vicious!

No comments: